In order that this purpose can be achieved, the MCEC intends to bring together the highest level of organisational and technical resources for the purposes of, for example:
- education, training, qualification and professional development, with a particular focus on students and graduates from Montenegro, on senior managers, officials and technicians in public administration, in critical infrastructure and in operators in the private sector and on officials and operating units in the police force;
- raising awareness among Montenegrin nation aimed on organising events, preparing and distributing materials and brochures with topics about cyber security issues;
- promoting and establishing educational partnerships with organisations and bodies operating in the field of Cyber Security on a national, EU and international level;
- promoting, organising and supporting work groups and interest groups on a national level made up of various types of organisations and bodies (governments, the private sector, the academic world, the research world, industry and the media) in order to pool skills and know-how and for the purposes of ‘Information Sharing’ where Cyber Security is concerned;
- setting up open educational platform aimed on centralising and distributing learning materials in the field of Cyber Security with different levels of expertise and multidisciplinary approaches;
- organising specialised trainings for professionals in different fields of cyber security by inviting leading experts at national, international and global levels;
- monitoring Cyber Security in Montenegro and in other countries, including the monitoring of security events, the analysis of threats, the correlation and analysis of information collected by the Founder, the Associate Founders, the Participant Members and the partner organisations;
- organising and/or supporting events and any other work furthering the purpose of the MCEC and raising awareness of the results of the MCEC’s work.
In order that planned activities can be achieved, MCEC will:
- Create and establish educational programs for different categories of users and citizens in Montenegro
- Create and establish Moodle platform titled MCEC Distance Learning System structured in accordance with created educational programs
- Create educational materials by
(i) selecting the most appropriate open access materials,
(ii) cooperating with partner institutions at international and global levels (e.g. Global Cyber Security Centre from Italy – ECESM partner institutions, etc.) on allowing to use and distribute materials created by themselves, and
(iii) use IMTM and national resources to create additional materials
- Promote established Moodle platform and enable open access to created learning materials (in respect to rules for using materials shared by third parties – see previous bullet) for broader public and citizens
- Promote established Moodle platform among businesses and other institutions at national level, aimed on establishing sustainable cooperation with MCEC for education and training in Cyber security.
20th October 2016- 1st Cyber security Forum in Montenegro
The Forum was organised in cooperation with USA Embassy in Montenegro
September 2016- New IPA Europe/Aid/136938/ID/ACT/ME projects
- Modern technology development for Health Information System in Montenegro (ref. no. CFCU/MNE/010)
- Market oriented research on SME perspective about cloud computing solutions in ME (ref. no. CFCU/MNE/015)
MCEC will be the hub of training and workshop organization related to security issues in both, medical information systems and cloud based solutions.
25th May 2016- MCEC is presented at Faculty for Business and Tourism, Budva, Montenegro
16th May 2016- Certificate award ceremony
for Professors of Informatics and ICT coordinators at elementary and secondary schools in Montenegro
[expander_maker more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
May 2016- MCEC is promoted at School portal- Portal for teachers at Montenegro
The School Portal has been created to provide support to teachers, as a source of information and materials that will help them in their regular work. On this site they can find a collection of regulations, many useful links, manuals and the other interesting materials. Teaching staff from all primary and secondary schools in Montenegro have accounts on this portal.
The promotion of MCEC on this site is a good way to inform and attract professors to use modern, latest techniques and materials about cyber security in the teaching process, and thus transfer new knowledge on students. This approach of preparing class will give significant contribution in raising awareness and extending knowledge about cyber security.
5th May 2016 – MCEC is presented at University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovakia
December 2015- organisation of trainings in ‘Information Security‘
Professors of Informatics and ICT coordinators at elementary and secondary schools in Montenegro successfully completed set of trainings in ‘Information Security’
October 2015- MCEC Distance Learning system